Key Elements and Achievements:
- We partnered with the Specially Protected Areas Regional Activities Center (SPARAC) to improve the management of Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) through a 5-day workshop for PPA professionals in Gokova Bay, Turkey.
- Throughout the week, we were able to discuss, share, and develop skills and capabilities for better management of MPAs as well as learn directly from the local community and grassroots organizations about the work being done in Gokova Bay.
- Through this collaboration, we provided training and resources to MPA professionals from Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco, Turkey, and Libya to introduce them to developing efficient management plans for these important ecosystems.
- We also organized an excursion to the Gokova MPA where attendees had the opportunity to learn about the collaborative management model implemented and the work carried out by the NGO Marine Conservation Society.
- Regional Activities Center for Specially Protected Areas (SPA/RAC)